JULY 1ST MAYORAL PROCLAMATION 7.1.2020 EMERGENCY PROCLAMATION
As of June 1st, playground equipment restrictions have been lifted. Enjoy!!
Our Community Center remains closed for rentals until the end of 2020.
Sweet Corn Days Update – As a result of the uncertain future due to COVID-19 the Urbana Visioning Committee has made the difficult decision to cancel this years event. Not to worry though, the Visioning Committee will keep working behind the scenes on the Veteran’s Park, Way Finding Signs and other projects to enhance your community! If you are interested in how you can help please reach out to them via their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UrbanaVisioningCommittee/
Urbana’s staff at City Hall continue to closely follow the latest developments on the coronavirus (COVID-19) condition to ensure the health and safety of our community and to help ensure the actions we are taking are in line with the latest World Health Organization, Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations and guidance.
Our City Clerk encourages residents to take all necessary precautions to stay healthy in efforts to assist our local healthcare providers as they respond to the COVID-19 pandemic by doing our part to reduce its spread. We urge our residents to adhere to Governor’s Reynolds’ Proclamation of Disaster Emergency including:
- Awareness of social distancing practices and maintaining separation of six (6) feet or more;
- Frequent handwashing with soap and warm water for at least 20-seconds and strictly following disinfecting routines in homes and businesses;
- Use of available telemedicine options, including calling your physician should you have a non-emergent flu or upper respiratory symptoms prior to accessing services at a hospital;
- City of Urbana will continue to follow the recommendation of our Public Health sources and that of Governor Reynolds and at this time, city offices are closed and open for essential appointments only. Meetings for the City of Urbana Council will continue as scheduled at this time electronically following the open meetings rules. Information posted on our website ; meeting agendas will include essential items only.
In addition, enhanced cleaning measures are in place at City Hall, which includes repeated cleaning of frequently touched surfaces.
City of Urbana offers many of its services online and strongly encourages residents to use online services when possible all year long. Utility bills and permits can be paid online.
Links to these services such as building permits, are available on our City’s website. If you need assistance with these services, please contact us with questions. Information for all city departments is available at 319-443-2400 by selecting the appropriate option.
Everyone can do their part to help respond to this emerging public health threat through implementing these prevention strategies:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces by using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol
- Practice social distancing as recommended by the CDC
- Follow the special guidance for those with underlying conditions, such as heart or lung disease or diabetes.
As information about COVID-19 continues to evolve, it is important to stay informed and get information from trusted sources. For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19, visit these websites:
A public hotline has been established for Iowans with questions about COVID-19. The line is available 24/7 by calling 2-1-1.
UPDATE AT CITY HALL: To help keep everyone safe and prevent the spread of COVID-19, we kindly ask that you limit your exposure to City Hall. City Hall will be closed to the public, but understand that the City will be operating business as usual.
We ask that you call or email us if you have a question or concern. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 319-443-2400 and follow the prompts.
Water Payments can be placed in the drop box, paid online on this website or dropped off at Northeast Security Bank.
Coronavirus: As concerns continue to arise with the spreading of the coronavirus here is a link with some information that is being provided from the Iowa League of Cities. www.iowaleague.org/Pages/CoronavirusResources.aspx
City of Urbana’s 2019 Water Quality Report Can be seen here 2019 WATER QUALITY
102 Capitol Avenue
Urbana, IA 52345
email us at email@example.com